When Google + first came out, there was a lot of debate as to whether or not it would actually catch up with the likes of Facebook and Twitter. It seems that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon these days to get a slice of the action. The only difference is that Google basically controls the internet in terms of search results. You can’t rely on one of the other search engines to bring you in some descent traffic. It must come from Google.
Why you need social traffic
It is all good and well to be ranked well in the search engines because of long tail keywords you have been promoting or because you have been doing hundreds of guest posts and other forms of linkbuilding. Back in the day someone could build a site, get five posts up there and start building links, but it is not that easy anymore.
- People want to know who is behind the website
- It is important to build a personal relationship with your readers.
- People in e-commerce have become more social have seen a big jump in their sales.
- Compared to SEO, social marketing does not take a long time to build up.
- It just seems logical, that if you show an interest in someone they will take the next step.
Using Google + to increase your exposure – 10 tips
- Google will keep track of how many times your article was +1ed. This will affect the search so look to increase this.
- Have the +1 button on your site to increase the popularity.
- The fact that the title tags are longer is also beneficial. Twitter uses shorter title tags. It is not enough just to use Twitter and Facebook, for reasons like these you will find that Google Plus is very effective.
- Google is working on ways to get around black hat techniques used by people who want to take short cuts, so make sure you are genuine about this because sooner or later you are going to be caught out.
- The aim of Google Plus is to get as many followers as you can. When one of your followers types in one of your keywords then you will show up as long as you have shared the link.
- Set up your authorship and have your profile appear in the search results. This works by linking your content to your Google Plus profile.
- Connect your Google+ page to your website. You do this with a snippet of simple coding and in this way you will be able to get more followers. This will also help improve your search rankings.
- Having just like and tweet buttons are not enough because the Google + button has more power to improve your rankings. It’s also important to have the latest button that is available because this will show people that you are keeping up to date with your social status and with your site.
- Make sure all of your information is up to date in your profile. Don’t skip anything out.
- Make sure you don’t just randomly find followers. You should really make the effort to find followers with the same interest as you and add them to your circles. This will increase your clickthrough rate more.
About the guest author: Tim writes for www.make-a-web-site.com as an internet mareketing consultant and also helps with blog hosting. Tim also enjoys surf photography.
This is a unique article published on SEO Desk with exclusivity.
Popularity: 1% [?]