Most businesses notice an immediate boom in sales around the holiday season. The holidays are a busy time of year where more customers are prone to buy from retail businesses and are likely to spend more time at restaurants and coffee shops with friends and family.
You may have already noticed that many local businesses in your area are taking advantage of social media on a regular basis. Fast food chains, independent restaurants, and retail shops now encourage customers to follow them on Facebook and Twitter to find out about exclusive deals and discounts.
With the holidays upon us, it’s important to merge the best of both worlds as a small business owner. Here are several holiday marketing tips that you can use through social media to create a solid presence in your local community.
- Advertise holiday events. If you’re selling gift cards, hosting a holiday dinner at your restaurant, or running a product special, make sure that it’s advertised on Facebook, Twitter, and your blog. This is the time to get creative. You can advertise holiday parties, Christmas tree lighting ceremonies, and any other event that may spark the interest of your followers in social media.
- Post holiday pictures. This may seem like a small step, but posting holiday pictures of a window display in your retail store or the decorations in your restaurant on Facebook and Twitter will get customers interested in your business.
- Promote holiday packages. If you’re offering any type of holiday special whatsoever, post this information to your blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Google + account. Make sure to link back to your website so that customers can find out more about your local business and take advantage of the special. This will help to increase traffic both on and off-line to bring awareness to your business.
- Encourage customers to check in on Facebook and Foursquare when dining or shopping at your business. Customer should be reminded to check in on Facebook when having a holiday party at your restaurant or when shopping in your store. This will help to subtly spread the word throughout numerous Facebook circles about Christmas shopping in your store or eating a holiday meal at your restaurant.
- Post how-to holiday videos. If you run a restaurant, take this opportunity to post how-to holiday videos for how to cook a Christmas ham or Thanksgiving turkey. This is the type of content that Internet users are searching for online, and you can use your expertise to build your credibility and attract customers to your restaurant. If you own a local coffee shop, post how-to videos of simple holiday coffee recipes that customers can make at home.
About the guest author: Bethany Ramos is a full-time freelance writer that co-owns her own e-commerce website, The Coffee Bump. The Coffee Bump specializes in a wide variety of Bunn coffee makers and assorted coffee and espresso products.
This is a unique article published on SEO Desk with exclusivity.
Popularity: 1% [?]
Incoming search terms:
- small turkeys for desk marketing ideas