No matter what expertise level you have when it comes to SEO, you’re going to find that without links, you’re not going to rank for much. While there are many great ways to get links, it sometimes helps to think outside of the box. When you do this, you’re going to find that you can draw some great links.
While great content will always draw links all the time, you will also find that these 6 tips below should draw some great incoming links as well, if done right.
- Talk with a local newspaper: I live in a little community that has less than 10,000 people. I have contacted my local newspaper various times to tell them a little bit about what I do, and how I can help small businesses. In exchange, I either ask for an interview or see if they can do something for me. This works really well, and not only can you do it within your community, but other ones as well.
- Build an infographic: I’m sure you’ve seen this before, but what you can do is create a great graphic. You will just want to make sure that the graphic is related to your website. On the bottom of this infographic, let other people share it. You will want to make sure that you just have a link built into that code so that you get a link back.
- Build a badge: A great way to get more links coming to your site is to build an award / badge for other blogs. Create a top 50, or top 100 lists showcasing certain websites. What you can do is then send out personalized emails telling them on how they are on the list, etc. While it doesn’t have a highly successful rate, you will find that many will put it up.
- Contact libraries: Many people don’t know this, but libraries online are notorious for giving out links. Check out any library, and you will realize that many have a resource section. You will just want to make sure that you have an informative site. Obviously, a library won’t want to link to your drug site. The key here is to have quality, informative content.
- Create a widget / software: People eat up software / widgets online, and if you can create one that works for many webmasters, you will find that many of them are more than willing to link back to you. Whether you want to create a calculator, a phone app, or even a wordpress plugin, you will find that this is a great way to get noticed.
- Write reviews online: If you’ve ever been to Amazon, what you can do is purchase a book in your field. After you purchase the book, leave a review on it. What you’re going to want to do is create an account, because people will click on your name. In your profile, leave something along the lines of, “owner of ABC.com”, “expert on ABC.com”, etc.
When you think outside of the box, you will find that not only is there not a lot of competition, but you will find that you can find a lot of opportunities to get some solid links that will stick around for a long time.
This guest post was written by Liz C. You can find more of her work on her business blog located FindBizCards.com.
Popularity: 2% [?]