In late 1997, Google entered the market that was already filled with numerous search engines. Despite being late in this industry, Google has managed to claim its own share in four years. Now that it is considered as one of the most popular search engines, numerous webmasters out there are coming up with more SEO strategies to make their site more Google search engine friendly.
How does the Google search engine work?
With software programs called “Googlebots,” Google is unceasingly navigating the web in real time before end-users even enter their queries in the search box.
Once the crawler visited a page, copied the content and followed the links from the page to the pages linked to it, the Google processes these and generate an index. The index is distributed into manageable units and kept through a huge network of computers throughout the world.
Words entered in the Google search box will be sent to Google machines and compared with all the documents stockpiled in their index to classify the most relevant matches.
How can you get higher ranking in Google?
This is the question that encouraged a lot of webmasters all over the world to try the black hat SEO tactics, which resulted to numerous websites getting banned by Google search engine. To avoid this from happening to your site, I have come up with some basic guidelines:
- A website should have a clear hierarchy and text links. A clear hierarchy lets end-users and Google search engine know what is important in a website. Text links are more important because crawlers can’t read a text contained in an image. A website with a text link navigation menu will be more easily indexed by Google search engine.
- Offer your visitors with helpful, relevant information and write contents that clearly and accurately describe your site. Keyword stuffing is against the rule so keep your links on a given page to a reasonable number. Don’t try to deceive the search engine by presenting your users with different or irrelevant content.
- Avoid duplicate pages by creating unique, descriptive title and description tag for each page in a site. Make sure that your keywords are visible in each title and description tag. This will help you optimize your website for a specific keyword and drive more targeted traffic.
- Always update your website with fresh, high-quality contents. The best way to properly optimize an article is to make sure that your targeted keyword is visible in the title and the content.
- Generally, you can improve the rank of your site by increasing the number of high-quality and relevant sites that link to your site’s pages. If your site provides interesting contents, your readers might want to link it to their site. Engaging in forums and commenting on other blogs are also the best ways to build high-quality links to your site. Please avoid spamming.
There are a numbers of factors to consider when optimizing a website for Google search engine. A webmaster should have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ins and outs of Google Page Rank. If you are new to this industry, you may want to review the Google Webmaster guidelines to get your site ranked and indexed by Google.
Popularity: 100% [?]
Incoming search terms:
- getting high rank in seo
- how to build my site for keywords
- how to make a website popular on google
- how to get my website higher on google
- how to get your website on google search
- how to get higher in google search
- how do i get my website higher on google
- how to get your website higher on google
- how to come up on google search
- how to get my website ranked higher