Top 5 Reasons Why Bloggers Should use WordPress
One of the biggest decisions you will make when starting a blog is what platform to use. This decision will determine how easy it is for you to get your blog up and running and to find extensions that give you additional features. You have multiple options to choose from, including WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad or to add a blog to your static website, using an option like Drupal. Although you have all of these options available, here are five good reasons why WordPress is the best option for bloggers.
1. Hundreds of themes to choose from. Platforms like Blogger have limited theme and template options to choose from, while WordPress has hundreds. You can search these theme options by keyword, color, or even special types like BuddyPress or seasonal.
2. Easy to customize. It is easy to customize the look of your WordPress blog, even if you do not know much about CSS and other programming languages; however, the more you know, the more you will be able to customize your theme. Even the least experienced bloggers can set up their widgets, a customer header, their background colors and decide where and how they want their panels displayed.
3. Free plugins to expand your possibilities. With some blogger platforms, you are limited to basic blogging functionality. With WordPress, the possibilities are nearly endless. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of free plugins that you can install to increase your options and functionality. For example, there are plugins that will allow you to add a shopping cart and payment options to your blog, you can upload files for others to download and you can restrict some pages and turn your blog into a membership website, among other options.
4. Add a community aspect with applications like BB Press. You can also add a social aspect or even a forum for your visitors to use through the BuddyPress and BBPress plugins. This allows you to get personal with your readers through your blog and for your readers to get personal with each other through a community. This way, they are likely to visit your site more regularly, because they have formed relationships with other readers. Your updates are one reason, but not the only reason, for them to visit.
5. Good community support. Many people have come together to make WordPress what it is. Without these people, there would not be as many free themes and plugins as there currently are. This has made WordPress a popular platform that is used by hundreds of thousands or even millions of people. With this comes a community of people that have banded together to help each other with things like technical issues. You can go to WordPress.com and find guides for getting started and an active support forum. The How-to and Trouble Shooting forum has over nine thousand pages alone.
As you can see, WordPress offers customization, extensions and has a good support system that will allow you to do many things with your blog. Some people are surprised at what becomes possible with a good blogging platform like WordPress. If you have or want to start a blog, WordPress is a good option.
This is an original article published on SEO Desk with exclusivity.