Why is Posting on Forums an Important Process in SEO?
Whether it’s a start up or a reputed firm, the website is its face on the internet. With tons of companies offering the same service, it’s a race to be at the top of search engine hits and this is where search engine optimization comes in. People have adopted a lot of strategies to optimize websites and one such thing is posting on forums.
A forum or a message board is a website that allows people with common interests to communicate, share ideas and resolve issues. Forums usually stick to a particular technology, brand or hobby and may sometimes be divided into sub-forums. A user is generally required to register before posting (either to start a new thread or to reply to a post). Some of the websites with the highest traffic are image boards (websites that allow image sharing) and discussion boards.
Although links on forums do not have a high credit, when done right, these places are perfect to drive traffic to your website. There has been a lot of debate among SEO professionals as to whether the practice of adding links on forums is ethical or not. But as far as I am concerned, if you are being a contributing member who adds value to the community, then it’s perfectly alright to add a link. On the other hand, if you attempt to spam and your only motive is to drop links, well then, god save you from the ban-hammer.
Nonetheless, you need to follow the rules of a particular forum. In general, if you follow these general forum etiquette, you can succeed in procuring backlinks for your website.
- Follow the golden rule – treat others as you would want to be treated yourself.
- Never start a flame war.
- Do not troll and keep the discussions civilized.
- Read the entire thread before posting a reply and avoid one word replies.
- If you are planning to start a new thread, do not duplicate the thread and search if there are similar posts on the forum.
- Spell out the words and use proper grammar as you would want people to understand what you are trying to convey.
- Avoid net-speak as it would make you look like an uneducated dimwit.
- If you are not posting original content, make sure you link the reference.
- If you are going to post something, know what you are talking about. People generally don’t like pretentiousness and you are bound to be embarrassed.
- Above all, however dumb or stupid a question may be, never ask a person to ‘Google’ it.
If you follow these simple steps, you will get along with the members well.
You can add a signature with a link to your websites and every time you post on a forum, you will have the link displayed below your post. If you resolve someone’s issue and your post has a link, there are chances that the person might click on it as a token of appreciation and it will direct traffic your way.
In short, if you are a contributing member in a forum, you can optimize your website through the comments you post.
This article has been brought to you by MyTechHelp – a leader in providing support across various products brands and tech devices for individuals and small businesses in need of instant tech help. go to this link.
This is an original article published on SEO Desk with exclusivity.