Why SEO Is Essential For Small Businesses
Starting a business is a big step. Once you are in business you want to ensure you stay in business. Marketing is the tool that helps you reach and attain prospective customers. To maximise the chances of reaching your potential customers your business will need a website. Once you have your website up and running you will need to engage in Search Engine Marketing.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is not a hip new internet trend. It is a necessity for any business owner who has a website. Increasingly people have taken to the internet to search for businesses, products and services. Telephone directories are a thing of the past and most people value their time too much to spend a lot of time scouring the streets visiting various brick and mortar stores to find the commodity or service they need. The modern consumer will access the internet via a computer, laptop, tablet or Smartphone, get onto a search engine and input relevant key words to obtain their desired results. Most will not go beyond the top 5 results on the first page. This is where SEO comes in and why it is essential for businesses, small ones especially.
The internet has the ability to put all businesses on equal footing, big or small, your success will depend on the implementation of a solid SEO strategy. It’s easy to get trapped in the mundane day to day activities that need to be done to run a business and leave marketing on the wayside. Most small businesses operate on tight budget and many owners think they can’t afford marketing or make a half hearted attempt at it. When bills need to be paid and businesses are under pressure marketing is the first thing to go out the budgeting window. But that so often used cliché is very much true: you have to spend money to make money. Lack of a proper marketing strategy will soon see your business shut its doors.
Every business owner knows how important marketing is for their business and how good traditional marketing, whether its print, TV or radio is very expensive, yet too many fail to realize that nowadays internet marketing is often more effective that traditional marketing and often costs a fraction of the price to implement.
These are a few steps to take to ensure your SEO is up to scratch and your business is competitive.
- If you can’t do SEO yourself, find a reputable company or professional that can implement a good strategy for you and your business.
- Another factor that plays a vital role in SEO would be original and optimised content. Make sure to deliver original and interesting content regularly. Web crawlers will take notice and push up your search engines rankings higher. Making your business more visible.
- Build Relationships. Yes relationship building is what link building is. You are basically networking your business and building up your contact list. The more relationships you build the more people are aware of you and your business.
- Implement a Social Media Marketing Plan. Join use and actively engage in social media. Make a schedule to be highly active on social websites. Join the most popular ones e.g. Facebook, twitter, Google+ e.t.c., as they get the most traffic. Build a following and engage with them regularly. Search results are now positively affected by social signals, such as tweets, Facebook Likes, and +1s.
- Make sure you place relevant anchor text or keywords in titles, description, and tags. Remember web crawlers only read html on your web pages. So where there is html, make sure to include keywords.
Once you have the right SEO approach in place; your website traffic will increase remarkably which has the potential to increase the profitability of your business. After all, people start businesses to make profits. So to realize profits SEO is extremely essential.
About the guest author: Article written by Tre Wiseman from Broadband Expert where lots of different high speed internet plans can be compared.
This is an original article published on SEO Desk with exclusivity.